10 September 2008

hello Audrey


Meet my newest object of desire. Banana Republic's Monogram Georgette scoop neck dress (pictured). Only a mere $130, which I am completely willing to pay. Unfortunately, the Japanese stores of Banana Republic do not carry this dress. Or they don't on their website, which to be honest Japanese websites are never accurate for stores. For a ridiculously advanced technological society they have leaps and bounds to go for online shopping. But maybe that's part of the Japanese healthy lifestyle. You fit in those awesome skinny jeans at the malls/department stores because you walk all over town to find the perfect pair. Interesting idea. At any rate. Banana Republic's International Inquiries Service Desk has yet to get back to me about shipping it here and allowing me to pay for it here. I have no other option except to possibly exchange yen for American dollars and send it to my mother in the hopes that she will send it to me. But I love this dress. I can imagine it would be perfect for our currently planned New Years' Eve night out in Osaka. As well as dates or ever parties, paired with a jean jacket it could probably dress down rather well. At any rate, I am willing to give up my current fall goal of a pair of nice black, knee-high boots in return for this lovely number. I think it's a bit trendy, but classic enough I can wear it for a few years. Plus it seems very forgiving for those little body issues that tend to plague most people. Now I just have to find a pair of heels to go with it if I can get them sent. Going out shoes were clearly not too high on my priority list when I was packing. Sad.

Aside from pursuing the LBD, I am also in search of decently priced cosmetics and other random items from Japan. I have a feeling I should pick up a points card from the local drug store as I will probably spend several weekends just going up and down the aisles checking out products. One of my goals was to find a nice red lip gloss (to achieve the red lip but appropriate for a Japanese work place). Kanebo's KATE lip gloss in RD-1 has been a good investment at this point. Also at ¥370? it wasn't too expensive. The color isn't as great as I'd like, but it'll do until I can hunt down the Cult of Cherry collection at M.A.C. when it gets over here.

All I ask is that my electric bill is smaller next month. I will need that money to pay for my newly acquired cell phone bill. Gotta love Japanese cell phones.

1 comment:

Lo said...

Give up the knee high boots! haha the funniest thing is that I had the same thought last year. AFter about i dunno 20 months looking I finally bought some knee boots. They are my fav.

Love the dress--- killer w/ a creme casual blazer-ish thing. (having some english issues)