16 June 2008

shoeboxes and other randoms

Clearly decorating an apartment is hard work. Especially when you've never seen it, have no idea what you're getting in it, and have no idea what size it is except 'small.' This of course has not stopped me from trying to get an idea of what I want my apartment to be. I spend countless hours scouring Ikea's Japanese website to try and find good and pretty storage solutions. Or search through the endless hoards of wall decals on Etsy. But I have come to the conclusion that I will not spend sixty-eight dollars on a wall decal that I'm not exactly sure will fit my space or design without even thinking about the color of the decal. So I'm resolving to wait until I get over to Japan and to my apartment to try and find decent decals and just have them shipped all the way there. (And using Alchemy to commission some fun seashell shaped decals.)

On the same line of the apartment, goes the job - since it is the reason for the apartment. And the job has quite strict dress code requirements. So I have spent even more hours online looking for things I won't be able to easily find in Japan, like size 8.5 or 9 shoes. (I am especially in love with Ralph Lauren's Lauren wedges but can bring myself to spend $100 on a pair of shoes without any more income than birthday and graduation money.) Close toed, closed heel, high heeled shoes are hard to find in the cute variety. And unless you're in love with high heeled loafers, most are on the pricier side. So TJ Maxx and outlet stores for places for deals - twenty bucks for a pair of brown heels from Nine West, not bad hm? I also find myself constantly on the look out for quirky tops and straight black skirts.

However, I have a feeling the main benefactor of my money spending will be Target. I have a long list of necessities that range from a million pairs of nude stockings to several tubes of toothpaste, I'm afraid I'll look like a very strange version of a end-of-the-world-stockpiler. I apologize if you're in line behind me.

Recommended Websites: Etsy and Ikea WorldWide.

No comments: