25 May 2008

Hello again. As a I sit and ponder the greater meaning of life (or rather, the idea of was buying those shoes really a good idea?), I have come to a realization that perhaps living far away from my friends in Japan is actually a good thing.

As of right now, GEOS has given me an eighty percent chance of landing in Kitakyushu. The second largest city on the island of Kyushu in the prefecture of Fukuoka. It looks sweet, if not a bit industrial (although as long as there are no paper factories that smell, I'll be happy). It's ridiculously far away from everyone I know (over 1,000 miles). And while that's terrifying it's also a bit exhilarating too. I went to Purdue knowing relatively no one - and I have made life long friends, enemies, and generally good ties with most people I've met along the way. I have no reason to think that this won't happen in Kitakyushu. Except everyone speaks Japanese. That's my only worry. Since especially my Japanese has declined in recent months. :\ Sad, right?

But as I scour the internet for blogs, information, and all sorts of other things about Kitakyushu, I'm beginning to become more excited to go than ever. After all the emotion and desire to not leave school and people behind, focusing on the city where I will be moving makes everything much more real and much more exciting.

For postings regarding Kitakyushu shopping, blogs, and all the research I'll do before hand and once I get there - check out: http://community.livejournal.com/gaikokujin_ne/profile .

No comments: